Thursday, March 31, 2011

Catching up...

Oops! I missed last week's update. So sorry...I'll spare you the details, but it was a long week of recovery for Henry. Fortunately, he's all healed and feeling better minus the new ear infection. :) Today was Henry's 18 month check up with the pediatrician. Our little man has leaned out - he's 25 pounds and 32 inches long, about the 30th percentile in both categories. He continues to learn new words (Choo Choo and Beep Beep recently) and understands everything. He's still not walking, but out of his cast and continuing to succeed in physical therapy. Because of his surgery, he wasn't able to go to school for two weeks. We had some great Mommy & Me time! Below is a recap....

I thought finger painting was a great idea. (Seriously, I did.) It ended up being face-painting.



We tried to go for a couple of walks, but that wasn't working either.


JACKPOT! A play date! It was beautiful last week. Henry and I went to the twins house to play one afternoon. From the left...Jack, Elisabeth, Henry and Thomas.



My friend, Lynsie, came to Atlanta to run in the Georgia Marathon. We had so much fun with her. This was Lynsie's ninth marathon and she's completed two Iron Man competitions!


Henry and Kyle hanging in the backyard. Notice the ever-present "Melmo" balloon. I had a balloon in the car, in the house and tied to his stroller.


Ah, the laundry basket! Henry helped me do laundry, which means that he emptied all of the clean clothes to the floor and spent 20 minutes climbing in and out of the basket. It gave me enough time to fold everything.



Another success! I bought toddler markers for Henry. He tried to eat them, but did enjoy drawing with them, too.



Mommy & Daddy Time - WOO HOO! On Saturday, Kyle and I went to the Capital City Grille to celebrate our good friend, Tiffany's, birthday. We had a nice evening out on the town. And we were home by 10 p.m. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment